Cycle Courses for Women
If you’ve never ridden a bike before or would like to boost your confidence cycling these courses are for you!
The objectives of these courses are to build confidence in a safe and friendly environment, to encourage women to take up cycling and to prepare women for the summer programmes or rides generally.
Helmets and bikes are available for hire on request.
There will be three programmes to cater for various abilities:
1) Absolute Beginners:
- For those who have never learnt to ride or have little or no confidence or skills on a bike.
- By the end of the course, you will have gained sufficient skills and confidence to take part in ‘traffic free’ rides.
- This course has a high instructor to participant ratio (1:3).
- The course will comprise three sessions.
- The complete course costs £40.
- Saturday 27 Apr 2019 09:30 AM to 11:00 AM 'Women Only Cycle Training – Absolute Beginners Course Stevenage April 2019 available spaces 2
2) Confidence Boosters
- This is for women who can ride 50 meters or more but are not confident as they have just learnt to cycle or are returning to cycling after a gap and would like to develop their skills.
- By the end of the course you should have a better understanding of gears, built up enough skills and confidence to ride longer distances as part of a group.
- The course will comprise 3 sessions.
- The complete course costs £40.
- Saturday 8 Jun 2019 09:30 PM to 11:30 PM Women Only Cycle Training – Confidence Booster Course Stevenage June 2019 available spaces 10
3) Cycle More
This course is a development of our successful Confidence Boosters course
- This is for women who can ride 100 meters or more but are not confident and would like to develop their skills.
- By the end of the course you should have built up enough skills and confidence to ride longer distances including routes on low traffic suburban routes including safe routes to school and work.
- The course will comprise 6 sessions.
- The sessions will cover what to eat, what to wear and the basics of fixing a puncture and taking care of your bike in order to make your cycling an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
- The complete course costs £60.
- This is for women who are comfortable riding on traffic free routes and would like to build up confidence on the road.
- By the end of the course you will have polished your cycling skills and be more confident riding on major suburban and commuter routes.
- The course will include two sessions and one ride.
- The complete course costs £30.
All participants will require:
- A bike in ready to ride condition (if requested a free bike check can be done in advance).
- Suitable clothing including; warm kit, gloves, sensible footwear and a showerproof layer. Note that it is wise to avoid baggy clothes that might get caught in mechanical parts.
- In date helmet
- Have completed and returned ‘Rider Information Traffic Free Consent Form.
Our schedule of women only cycling has had funding support from the local councils so our prices are considerably less than you might expect. We recommend early sign up!
If you can’t make these courses please register your interest using the below form so we can schedule future courses. Please include your mobile number and information as to which location you would prefer